Securing the
Future of Crofting

Frequently Asked Questions

Breach of Duty - Who can ask the Commission to carry out an investigation of a suspected breach of duty?
The Commission must investigate whether or not a duty is being complied with where we have received: A report from a Grazings Committee that a tenant crofter or owner-occupier crofter sharing in the grazings is not complying with a duty relating to residence, not to misuse or neglect, or to cultivate and maintain; or ·information in writing from a Grazings Committee, a Grazings Constable, an Area Assessor or a member of the crofting community within which the croft which is the subject of the suspected breach is situated.
What is Crofting?
Find out more about this unique crofting system
Common Grazings
Find out more about Common Grazings and Common Grazings Committees
Regulatory Applications
Find out about the latest regulatory applications and decisions
LinkedIn Icon Facebook Icon Twitter Icon
Great Glen House, Leachkin Road, Inverness IV3 8NW ~ T: 01463 663439 ~ F: 01463 725067 ~ E: info@crofting.scotland.gov.uk | Sitemap | Privacy